As a registered charity, Aces Wheelchair Basketball Club rely on donations, sponsorship, fundraising events and Wheelchair Basketball experience day’s.
Aces are currently seeking a main sponsor to support the clubs objectives, so as well as training and playing in the national leagues we are also able maintain our Basketball Wheelchairs and reach out to the wider community and invite new players to our sport. If you or your business are interested in sponsoring the club in some way please get in contact with us.
Aces are extremely grateful for every contribution, from every source, as these enable the club to continue operating and help cover any associated costs.
An example of those costs include:
- The hiring of our venue’s for training and Home Games.
- Referee fees, Court time and refreshments for our Home games.
- Club Kit
- Purchasing specialist wheelchairs, many of which are in the region of £2,500 per chair.
- Repairing and maintaining our fleet of wheelchairs.
Donate When You Shop
Did you know that when you shop with Amazon you could be earning money for Aces Wheelchair Basketball Club? Just head over to smile.amazon.co.uk and select us as your charity and every time you shop Amazon will make a donation to the club.
If you shop online you can generate donations from retailers with Easy Fundraising: Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be collecting free donations for Aces Wheelchair Basketball Club?
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for Aces Wheelchair Basketball Club with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
1. Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/awbc/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to Aces Wheelchair Basketball Club at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Aces Wheelchair Basketball Club will be really grateful for your donations.
Alternatively you may wish to have some fun and gain first-hand experience of playing Wheelchair Basketball, if so…
Host A Fundraiser
We are very pro-active in our fundraising activities and often run wheelchair basketball experience days in schools and at corporate events. We supply the specialist wheelchairs, balls and coaching, which will be provided by an official Grade 2 coach.
The club is fully insured to provide such events.
Any interested parties should contact the club using the contact us page.